Thursday, February 3, 2011

039. tiffany - you and me

You and Me
English 3:42
Pop Rock, Synth Rock
from Jetsons: The Movie Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (1990)

As I was looking up images of eighties pop idol Tiffany, most of my search results were her nude Playboy pics.  What's funnier about this is that years after Tiffany displayed the goodies, her eighties rival Debbie Gibson did as well for the same magazine.  Moving on from the tit trivia, Tiffany Renee Darwish was born in 1971 and grew up in California.  After performing at multiple venues at a young age, Tiffany scored a contract with MCA in 1986. Thanks to an extensive mall tour, her self-titled debut featured several top ten singles, and she was making fellow teen star Debbie Gibson pretty nervous.  Legal troubles between Tiffany's parents and manager took a toll on her career, and her 1988 comeback didn't match her first album's sales.  Years later, Tiffany is still recording.  I'm not joking.  If you happen to frequent clubs that play terrible dance remixes, you've probably heard it.  Yeah, her new songs rank decently on the dance charts.  In 1990, The Jetsons were brought to the big screen.  Tiffany was supposedly chosen to sing Judy Jetson's songs only, but she then became Judy's speaking voice, too.  Tiffany's raspy voice had really grown since "I Think We're Alone Now", and the Jetsons movie soundtrack features some of her best work to date.  Granted she didn't write any of the three songs she recorded.  "You and Me" is a wonderfully girlish synthrock number that gets me pumped every time.  This and the stellar ballad "I Always Thought I'd See You Again" just reassure me that the eighties and nineties had better songs from kids' movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment